- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Conditions Treated at the Office of Kozlovsky Delay and Winter Eye Consultants
Do you or a loved one have an eye health condition? We're a team of ophthalmologists and optometrists in San Antonio offering a range of evidence-based diagnostic and therapeutic techniques to alleviate symptoms and maximize eye health for people of all ages. Throughout years of serving our community, we've had the pleasure of helping patients improve vision and eye health in the face of a range of different conditions.
Common Conditions We Treat
It's usually a combination of lifestyle, environment, age, and genetics which influence if and when you develop an eye health condition. The following issues are among the ones we diagnose most frequently at our clinic:
- Macular Degeneration: the leading cause of vision loss, caused by deterioration of the macula (center of your retina). Blurry vision in the central line of vision is the primary symptom.
- Cataracts: vision loss that occurs due to a clouding over of the lens inside one or both eyes.
- Glaucoma: the "sneak thief of sight" that causes blurry vision due to damage to the optic nerve; this is usually associated with an increased inner eye pressure.
- Diabetic Retinopathy: retinal tissue damage as a consequence of chronically elevated levels of blood sugar, which can damage and inflame blood vessels and tissues.
- Refractive Errors: if something impairs the way light normally enters your eye (such as an abnormal curve of the cornea or lens, or an abnormal length of the eye), blurry vision can occur when looking at objects far away and/or close up. Common refractive errors we diagnose include astigmatism, nearsightedness (myopia), farsightedness (hyperopia), and presbyopia (farsightedness that occurs with age).
- Eye Allergy: an excessive response of the immune system in the face of common allergens like pet dander, dust, mold, pollen, and smoke, can lead to red, itchy, watery, irritated eyes.
- Dry Eye Syndrome: any condition that causes your eyes' protective tear film to become insufficient in quality or quantity (e.g allergy, autoimmune disease, excessive computer use); your eyes may feel "gritty," dry, watery, and itchy
- Amblyopia: a common pediatric eye condition, this causes blurry vision because of a poor neurological connection between the brain and the eye
No matter what your specific condition is, our San Antonio optometrist and ophthalmologist team has several techniques to diagnose, manage, and prevent these symptoms. Whether you need eye drops, corrective eyewear, lifestyle modifications, eye surgery or a combination of the above, we can help you get there.
Need Comprehensive Eye Care? Our San Antonio Ophthalmology and Optometry Team Can Help
Call 210-377-0350 to meet with our optometrists or ophthalmologists in San Antonio TX. We'd be happy to get to know you!